Tooth loss can be disturbing, especially from the front of your mouth. This can affect your appearance and your social life. You might become shy when talking to people and may not even want to smile publicly.
Dental implants have an artificial root placed in the jawbone, creating a permanent and robust tooth replacement. Implants are one of the most popular restorative dentistry procedures we offer to the public in San Antonio, Texas.
The difference between this and the other tooth restorations is that it also replaces the root. If you need dental implants, visit our clinic, Advanced Dental Associates, for a professional procedure in our San Antonio, TX office.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
Any healthy person with enough bone for the procedure and healthy gums can undergo a dental implant. You should also carry out good dental hygiene and have regular checkups. People with other health conditions may need a special examination to determine if the procedure can be done.
Dental Implants in San Antonio, TX
Dental implants are necessary for:
- Missing teeth. Loss of teeth is one of the reasons you should get an implant because if the space is left open, it might lead to other problems.
- When you need to enhance your beauty, missing teeth can make you self-conscious because they affect your smile and appearance.
- Aesthetic reasons. Implants help prevent a bad bite, minimize bone damage, and keep the teeth in place.
Dental implants come with many benefits:
- Dental implants look like natural teeth. Therefore, they improve your facial aesthetics.
- Implants are permanent.
- Dental implants also improve your speech. Unlike dentures, which, if poorly fitted, may slip, making you have slurred speech, implants do not slip.
- Implants are more comfortable because they feel more a part of you than dentures.
- Dental implants make eating easier. They act like your own teeth, making chewing any type of food comfortable.
- Dental implants provide improved self-esteem. When your smile is restored, it makes you feel good about yourself.
- Dental implants do not require extraction of other teeth, and this promotes dental health.
- They also make teeth more accessible during dental cleanings.
- As with removable dentures, you do not have to keep removing them and putting them back on. You can eat and sleep with them, brush and floss them, hence saving you the embarrassment that comes with removable dentures.
- If dental implants are taken care of correctly, they will last a lifetime.
What Are The Effects Of Not Having Dental Implants?
Remaining with a missing tooth for an extended period may decrease bone height and density. This may lead to the need for bone grafting. The teeth next to where a tooth has been lost may shift if you take a long time before having an implant.
This affects the positioning of your teeth. The shifting may also cause temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain in the long run. In addition, The teeth at the back of your mouth may lean forward to the space, which might affect your bite.
See If Dental Implants Can Benefit You
For a professional dental implant procedure or to find out if you may be a candidate for dental implants, visit our clinic Advanced Dental Associates after scheduling an appointment at (210) 655-2753.